Less Advertising, More Genealogy
At GenealogyInTime Magazine, we are always looking for ways to improve our user experience. It is part of our mandate to find new and innovative ways to help people connect with their ancestors. This week, we made two major changes to our website:
• We reduced the number of Google ads.
• We no longer accept any advertising from genealogy companies.
Ads will now only be found in the left hand column (clearly marked in grey) and at the very bottom on the page. As well, there are now no ads embedded in the middle of the articles and no ads trying to send you to other genealogy websites.
These changes makes the process of visiting our website simpler and more pleasant. It also makes it easier to view our website using smartphones, iPads and other tablets.
Thank you for your continued support.
• We only put enough Google ads on our website to cover our costs. As our website has continued to grow in popularity, we are now in the position of being able to scale back some of that advertising (see our policy on our About Us page).
• In our opinion, there are too much many websites on the internet with too much advertising. As well, too many articles are nothing more than thinly-disguised ads. We want to distinguish ourselves from those websites.
• We have blocked the major genealogy websites from advertising with use through Google ads. The odd one may be able to creep through (Google sets the ads, not us), but in general you should not see any genealogy advertisements on our website.
• We are still dependant on our readers to remain free. If you, a family member, or a friend shop online at Amazon, please consider clicking on the Amazon link at the bottom of our home page. We earn a small referral commission from Amazon if you buy something (at no cost to you).